Tips From The Cole Team: How to Get Your Home Ready To Sell
How to Get Your Home Ready To Sell
Get your home ready to sell with some simple tips from the real estate team you voted best in Forsyth County 3 years in a row, the Cole Team! With over 45 years of experience selling homes, these ladies have gathered a proven list of to-do’s to help you get your home ready to sell quick and for top dollar.
TIP #1: First Impressions Count: Make Buyer’s Want a “Second Date” Before They Open the Front Door
- Spruce up your yard with new pinestraw/mulch
- Color your front porch with potted plants
- Give your lawn some love – trim & prune plants and mow the lawn
- Paint and clean the front door
- Polish or replace the front door knob
- Powerwash the driveway and siding
- Clean and/or paint your mailbox or invest in a new one, if needed
TIP #2 – Let Buyer’s Visualize Living There – Create a Model Home Experience
- De-personalize your home – pack up those family pics
- Clear off your countertops – less is more!
- Neutralize your paint – say goodbye to bold colors
- Clear the clutter to make your space look bigger – spend time staging rooms
- Pack it up! Keep closet floors free of items
- Rent a storage unit
- Donate items you don’t need to a Local Charity.
- Find a hidden spot for pet bowls, crates, litter boxes, etc.
- Add light spa-like scents throughout home
TIP #3 – Win the Beauty Contest & Make Your Home Irresistible
- Wash your windows and keep screens off
- Maximize the light in your home – open shades or drapes to let the sunshine in
- Use Mr.Clean Magic Eraser to remove minor spots and scuffs on walls
- Show off pretty wood floors and tile – use rugs sparingly
- Tidy unfinished basement and garage
- Clean out gutters
- Make sure all light bulbs are working
TIP #4 – Work With The Pros
- Utilize professionals to make sure your home is ready to find its new family
- It’s your biggest investment – choose a team with experience and a strong track record to reach the right buyers and negotiate the best price for your home